Hacking into the mainframe circa 2004
I am a young innovator with a versatile set of skills in full-stack application development, UI/UX design and music production. I am interested in natural language processing, data visualization, machine learning, API economy and open-source technologies.
I like to geek out about spoken language syntax analysis, play first-person shooters and mess around with electronic music under the artist name Phrakture. Follow me on Goodreads to see what I’ve been digging in to lately and feel free to recommend a good book while you are at it!
* List of proficient skills with deeper focus in bold
Software Developer – DIVE Networks, Toronto, Ontario – Sep 2016 to Sep 2017
- Used Botkit, Slack API (Web, RTM and Events), Python and Node.js to build a secure chat bot server and Slack integration that interacts with DIVE’s content management system.
Research Assistant – University of Toronto, Centre for French & Linguistics, Toronto, Ontario – Aug 2016 to Dec 2016
- Built a web application called Syntactique (using D3.js and Node.js) to quickly and dynamically construct syntax trees, currently used by instructors and students in LINB06/LINC11.
Bluemix Specialist – Ecosystem Development – IBM Canada, Markham, Ontario – May 2016 to August 2016
- Prototyped and built demos using IBM Bluemix (PaaS) and Watson APIs for use in presentations, workshops and general tech demonstrations.
- Ran workshops on IBM Bluemix internally and externally at hackathons, tech meetups, code schools, university startup incubators and client meetings.
Full Stack Web and Application Developer – Three Point Turn Inc. Toronto, Ontario – Jun 2014 to Jan 2016
- Performed extensive front-end and back-end development work on ASP.NET MVC5 web applications applying responsive front-end design practices, Service Oriented Architecture, using REST APIs, participating in client demos and collaborating with senior developers
- CollegeFalafel.com – The website for College Falafel, a mediterranean eatery known for Halifax donairs & housemade desserts, located at College and Ossington.
- pseudo-storage - A simple PHP based image uploader for dev use only. Built to provide a temporary CDN-like image storage solution to assist in testing or developing a separate application.
- gryt-focus - Socket.IO and jQuery based “deep focus” timer built to run as dedicated instance on a Raspberry Pi
- TextTransmute - An experimental Sublime Text 3 plugin that allows you to mutate selected text in a style inspired by VIM, Emacs and unix shell programming tools.
- Groop Think - Multiplayer party game built with Node.js, Express.js, Socket.io and jQuery
- Minimal eLearning - A proof-of-concept eLearning solution which turns markdown files into lecture slides with interactive quizzes.
- GRYT Skill Tracker - A simple gamification and tracking system for skills that are being learned or practiced.
- D3.js Experiments - My personal collection of D3.js experiments and sandboxing.
- Node Socket Seed - A starting point for basic Node.js/Express.js applications that use Socket.io and a simple Express API. Ideal for proof-of-concepts.
Volunteering and Community Involvement
Tech Enthusiast, Organizer - Introspective Code, Toronto, Ontario – August 2014 to Present
Nourishment Volunteer – Recreation Therapy – West Park Healthcare Centre, Toronto, Ontario – August 2013 to December 2014
Double Major in Computer Science and Linguistics - Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) @ University of Toronto